MKAD by CKF - Loro knife (M390, Ti, limited batch)Leave a review
CKF is taking steps to expand its market share with the introduction of a lower-priced brand, called MKAD.
The Serge Ganelonlogrus-designed Loro, the second MKAD knife, functions as a bridge between the traditional higher-end CKF offerings and the new MKAD strategy. “People were asking for M390 for $250-280, so we did it,” says CKF Founder Mike Kulygin. “It’s our way of saying, ‘Hey knife world, hello from MKAD (The Moscow Automobile Ring Road, MKAD, МКАД) again.’” The Loro features a 3.7-inch blade and a titanium frame lock. For the show side, CKF chose to use Ti in "black stonewash" color.
Like standard CKF products, the MKADs are produced in limited batches.
“We are not running for high profits,” CKF team says. “We’re just trying to make our mark on knife history. We want CKF (or MKAD) to be in every knife collection. It sounds ambitious, but it’s true.”
MKAD (МКАД), is a ring road encircling the parts of the City of Moscow, the capital of Russia. For a long time the MKAD served as the administrative boundary of Moscow city, until in the 1980s Moscow started annexing territory outside the beltway.
According to Mike Kulygin, he has been thinking about a more budget-friendly CKF line for the last years. The high-end knives CKF made its name on continue to perform well with loyal customers, but he is targeting a new audience to grow the company. “We’ve had tons of letters and calls saying, ‘Unfortunately I cannot afford your knives, I buy knives only at 100-280 price range’ or ‘Come on guys, make budget knives too,’” Kulygin explains. “Our goal with MKAD is to expand our presence in the knife market, to make more knives – and to gain new clients, of course.”
- Overall Length: 219mm/8.62"
- Blade Length: 94mm/3.7"
- Cutting Edge: 95mm/3.74"
- Blade Thickness: 3mm/0.12"
- Blade Material: M390
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash+Satin
- Edge Type: Plain
- Handle Length: 125mm/4.92"
- Handle Thickness: 12mm/0.47"
- Handle Material: Titanium, black stonewash, milled inside
- Frame Material: Titanium+lock steel insert
- Weight: 154gr/5.44 oz.
- User: Right Hand
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up
- Knife Type: Manual
- Opener: Flipper
- Lock Type: Frame Lock
- Brand: MKAD Knives (by CKF)
- Model: LORO
- Designer: Sergey -Ganelonlogrus- Zhivoglyadov
- Limited batch: only 200pcs
MKAD by CKF - Loro knife (M390, Ti, limited batch) reviews
You may use our PayPal Layaway Program for that product.
- Layaway - Pay 1/3 (33.3%) now and the remainder in two easy installments. The total amount of the order is divided into three (3) equal payments every 30 days (with the first payment done in 1 business day after you made your order).
- Make your order, mark the checkbox "PayPal Layaway Program 33%+33%+33%" or write about it in your order comments, complete your order, but do not pay. We will see your order in our System, then manager will send you the special Layaway PayPal link for the payments in 1 business day.
- If you wish to complete payment early and have your order shipped, you may contact us at any time during the 60 day period. There is no penalty for prepayment.
OF COURSE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY EXTRA FEE FOR USING OUR LAYAWAY PLAN :)